Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Guest DT at Scrapy Land Feminine Birthday Card



I am very happy to participate again this week as a Guest Designer at Scrapy Land which is one of my favorite challenge blogs. The theme of this challenge is Anything Goes as long as you use at least one of the die brands Scrapy Land sells. Here is a list of the over 40 different brands Scrapy Land carries.

I created this feminine birthday card with a new die from Tattered Lace called Double Delights. I die cut two and attached them to a square black card base. I die cut Happy Birthday from Memory Box out of the same paper, but then smoothed on Tonic’s Nuvo Mother of Pearl Mousse. Then I added some black dots with Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops. I attached some pretty yellow roses to complete the card.

Why don’t you pull out your favorite dies and create a card for this challenge? The prize is a $15 Scrapy Land gift certificate and you know you can find something great you want there!

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,  613 Avenue Create and Craft Your Passion.

12 comments:

sarascloset said...

Karen this is such a pretty and feminine birthday card! I love those dies and how they just pop against the dark background! So effective! Putting the black dots on Happy Birthday is just the perfect finishing touch! Hugs!

Samra said...

Gorgeous card Karen :) Love the addition of the little yellow roses :)
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love that Tattered Lace die!

Anne Temple said...

This is such a pretty birthday card1 Love the black and white with the pop of color from the flowers. The Nuvo Mousee is definitely on my wish list.

Cara said...

I just love this! Cara x

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous, Karen!! I love the dies you used!! I haven't seen the TL Double delights but I'm headed over to add them to my cart!! The yellow flowers are such a beautiful touch!! What a fabulous birthday card this is!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Congrats for your GD, well deserved! Your inspirational card is so beautiful, love the intricate design and the spots of the yellow flowers!

Nancy Hill said...

Beautiful Tattered Lace die used on this gorgeous card. Hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Karen- love that delicate die, and the gorgeous pop of yellow really bought the card to life.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Very pretty and love the yellow blooms.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and elegant card.Love the delicate dies and splash of yellow.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Patricia Chalas said...

stunning card! cute layout.