Friday, May 20, 2016

Playing with Tonic Studios Purse Dies




I love making purses with Tonic Studios purse die sets and am sharing three more I made recently with you today. I admit my favorite of the two purse sets I own is the Kensington, but I played with the Chelsea too and both are available at Let's Create in Wisconsin Rapids. We are making the Kensington purse shown in this blogpost at the next classes I am teaching at Let's Create (June 17th and 18th), and above is another example of a different way to use this versatile die. (If you are not local and want the class kit to make all the projects from any class I teach at Let's Create, just let me or Franki at the shop know.)

I started with a fun leather like paper and embossed one side with Spellbinders Fabric Weave embossing folder. I applied Nuvo Pure Platinum Embellishment Mousse to the lacy cover of the other side of the purse. I die cut the heart purse tops which fit together with slits and close the purse. I added a heart charm also die cut with parts of the Kensington purse set and finished the purse with three Ivory Seashell Crystal Drops on each handle. Here is another Kensington purse I made, this one for giving a Christmas gift card:



More embossing and Crystal Drops make this little purse a delightful way to give a holiday gift card. Here is a new Chelsea Handbag I made with some of the new Ken Oliver Color Burst colors:




I sprinkled Fuchsia, Orchid and Turquoise Color Burst crystals on watercolor paper and spritzed with Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist to activate the colors and give the paper a lovely shine. When dry, I die cut all the pieces of the Chelsea handbag and a flower from the Plush Peony die set (also from Tonic Studios.) I decided to keep the pieces of the lacy front inside their holes so I applied tape behind it before the pieces came out. I embossed the main purse piece with a Quilted embossing folder by We R Memory Keepers. I attached the lacy side panels, a Plush Peony flower and a gem after putting the purse together. These little purses are so fun to play with and would make perfect little gift holders or table favors for a bridal or baby shower or any gathering of female friends.

I am entering these purses in the Anything Goes challenges at Win and Tonic and Wonderful Wednesdays.

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all really cute. Fun way to package a small gift or gift card. I really like that butterfly closure.

Barb said...

Wow you've certainly been busy Karen. Your bags are absolutely beautiful and I'm sure the girls will really enjoy making them. I think the red ones have to be my absolute favourites. Great work. Barbxx

Marilyn Webb said...

Wow, stunning, love them all! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
Marilyn DT

E said...

Beautiful purses! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin Kimmie Wonderful Wednesday Challenge! Hugs!

Cara said...

I love them all!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is quite a collection of beautiful purse designs that you did. I love them.