Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Fidget Spinner Birthday Card for my Grandson


My grandson, like all kids nowadays, loves his fidget spinner, so I created a birthday card with one that moves and spins especially for him. I printed the image off the internet on cardstock and cut it out. I die cut a channel with a die from Lawn Fawn called Slide on Over and put the spinner on a penny with several small pop dots. The fidget spinner spins and moves along the track. I printed up the sentiment and cut it out with a circle die. Here is another view of the spinner and also of the surprise on the inside:




I love interactive cards and so do kids, so I die cut a pop up happy birthday greeting from Concord & 9th called Party Pop Ups and personalized it with an alphabet die set from Tonic Studios. Here is the birthday boy and I frosting his favorite cake- note he is 11 and as tall as me now!



I am still working very hard on a major creative project that means I will not be blogging as much as usual until I get done. But it won't be long now until I will reveal my new adventure here on my blog and on my other social media accounts. In the meantime, thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday and Scrapy Land.

5 comments:

Lin said...

What a fantastic card for him, Karen - what a hit this will be! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

An amazing card Karen - love the surprise pop-up on the inside, and the wonderful fidget spinner that 'works'!!
Blessings
Maxine

Craftychris said...

This is a very cool card! I bet it went down very well. I bet the cake did too! Lovely photo. Looking forward to hearing about your new venture! xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great card. My grandson wanted a fidget spinner but his Mom said "no" because so many kids have been injured with them. And, they are not allowed in school which is where a lot of kids would want to take theirs. But one like this would not be so harmful.

sarascloset said...

Karen, what a fun card, both on the inside and out! I bet your grandson loves it! Loved seeing the photo of the both of your icing the cake! We are so happy you were able to join our Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land with your very creative card! Hugs! Sara Emily