Monday, June 20, 2011

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week

The Stamp of the Week (50% off this week with a discount code found at the blog!!) is Repeat Impression's Mussel Shell. When I first saw the stamp, I liked it but I was stumped for awhile on how to use it. I  have to admit, I am pretty proud of the completed card- while laying in bed one night, I had the idea of making a flower with it. I often go to sleep or wake up in the middle of the night, designing cards in my head. I know, I am crazy- or atleast totally addicted to this craft:)

I stamped the mussel shells on blue paper and cut out. The center is a Memory Box die with a lovely Repeat Impressions sentiment and Pearl Pen pearls to accent. The corners are a Spellbinders die.

I am entering this card in the challenge at The Paper Shelter to use punches and diecuts.

Stamping smiles, Karen

 

7 comments:

Lynette said...

Cute and clever, Karen!

Whimsey said...

Very clever indeed; great colors!

Jacki Daniels said...

Brill idea and brill card the best cards are made that way lol
Jacki xx

joy said...

This is a wonderful idea! Love how you have creatively used the image and highlighted it with the corners!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card,Thanks for joining in with us at TPS this week.
Kevin xx

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Karen, you are so clever to use this image for a flower - excellent job! Amazing the ideas that come to use when we are lying in bed, isn't it?

Unknown said...

This is super wonderful and creative Karen! I love how you used the image! Pretty corners and pearls too!