Monday, August 15, 2011

Critter Sketch Wedding or Anniversary Card


It's another fun Monday here on my blog as I get to share ideas from two of my design teams. First up is Critter Sketch and their challenge this week is to make and link a Wedding or Anniversary card. Our wonderful sponsor this month is Jen's Digi Stamps. To find out all the details on what you can win and to see the other dt cards, please visit the Critter Sketch blog.

For my card I used an embossing/cutting folder from Cuttlebug. I started with some glossy red paper and punched both sides of the piece with an ek success border punch. The inside heart punches out and I sponged the edges and also the center with red ink and popped it back in raising it a bit with mounting tape. The ribbon is the final touch in this CAS card (which is based on one I made at our local Stamp Shoppe.)

I am entering this card in the Emboss It! challenge at DYSU.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

So pretty and elegant looking!
Lynn

Unknown said...

That's sooooo elegant

Kitten DYSU team

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love the embossing, great wedding card :)

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Karen, very very pretty
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
great to see you her too
hugs Miranda

Ren-Yi said...

This card is lovely. I love how elegant it is and yet versatile (for an anniversary, for a wedding, for a vday card, for a spouse bday)... Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.