Tuesday, August 2, 2011

PCI Stitching Challenge



The new challenge this week at Paper Creations Ink is to use Stitching on our cards. What they are looking for are ALL TYPES of creations that have stitching on them, whether it is by hand, using a sewing machine, faux stitching or even stitching on your ribbon. Our wonderful sponsor Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps is offering a $10 gift certificate to the lucky winner and you have until Sunday, July 14, 2011 at 7pm CST to join us for this challenge. I liked the digital stamps provided to us by Stitchy Bear so much I had to create two cards. I love to use humor in my cards and so this 29 Again funny lady by Stitchy just cracked my up. I made an easel card and poked holes and drew cross stitches around her as a frame. I paper pieced her balloons and outfit and colored the rest with my copics. The funny sentiment is from Art Impressions and I added a row of purple gems to complete the card.


My second card is using some beautiful Shabby Chic digital paper and the Floral Fantasy digital stamp (Floppy Latte') both from Stitchy Bear. I simply printed the digital stamp onto the gorgus digital paper and cut it out leaving a frame of dp on the sides. I used my Scor Bug to make faux stitches down both sides of the black card and drew my stitches with white ink. I added some pink gems to complete this CAS card.

I am entering these cards in the challenges at 4 Crafty Chicks for bling and at Digi Doodles Shop's Best for Anything Goes.

Stamping smiles, Karen

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

Both are great but I LOVE that first one! So very cute with that fabulous sentiment too. An adorable card.
Love that second one as it just looks so pretty and elegant.
Lynn

Denise said...

Two wonderful cards. Really love the silhouette one.
Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week xx

Donna said...

Two fabulous cards, the first one is so funny and love your stitching. Thanks for joining in the Digi Doodle Shop 'Anything Goes' challenge, hope to see you again. hugs Donna x

WeirdCat said...

Lovely cards, thank you for joining us at DDSC this week
Ruth x