Saturday, August 20, 2011

Send a Smile 4 Kids "Punches and Diecuts for Kids" Challenge




It's time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids! This time we are challenging you to break out your punches and diecuts and make a card for a child. Easy Peasy- we all have them, right? I use my nestabilities and punches everyday and I bet you have a lot of them too. We have three great sponsors this time, so you have three chances to win a random prize! The sponsors are: Stamp Shoppe Creations (my local favorite stamp shop which is my home away from home:) and Heidi's prize is a $15 gift certificate; Sassy Cheryl's 
Digital Stamps and her prize is a $5 gift certificate; and Crop Stop whose prize is a $15 gift certificate.

My first dt card for this challenge uses "Flying Jay" stamp from Stamp Shoppe Creations. Isn't he cute? I stamped him on white paper and paper pieced his plane, helmet and shirt. I used a corner rounder punch, a window punch, a star border punch and a nestabilities circle to make this card and most if not all of them would be available for purchase at Crop Stop. The card front was cut off and I punched the star border and the window for the tab to tuck onto. The front was also embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder.




My second card uses a super cute image from Sassy Cheryl's which I paper pieced (of course:) I punched the border with a large Martha Stewart punch and also punched the butterflies and the circle with the sentiment. Sweet!

Please visit the blog for all the details on this fun challenge and also information on how to help put a smile on children's faces who are inpatient in Childrens Hospitals. You can also see all the great cards by TEAM S.A.S. on the blog or by clicking their names on the side of my blog. We have a guest design team member this time and are introducing a new member of our design team today too.

I am out of town this weekend visiting my son in Chicago so this was scheduled for today. I will be back Tuesday after I hope a lovely long weekend visit. (Edited to add- and of course while I am away and can't fix it, I see Blogger didn't show the pictures again- so sorry to my followers and subscribers.)

Stamping smiles, Karen

1 comment:

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Well I can't see your cards on my end but I saw them on the SAS site and they are so cute, love the fold you created with the boy card :)