Friday, August 3, 2012

Jackson Digital Expressions and Bearly Mine Challenges


Anything Goes at Jackson Digital Expressions and Bearly Mine Challenges this week so I am sharing a favorite new card and technique I have discovered. It is called Reinker Float and here is a link to the tutorial I used to try it. It is not hard and I love the look. Basically you start with shimmer paper from SU and an open stamp (I used a SU flower). You heat emboss the flower with white embossing powder, then wet the paper thoroughly and use reinkers to "paint" the paper. I had some lovely colors of reinkers from Adirondack that I bought years ago for another technique so I used them. But any dye ink reinker will do. I added a border punched with an ek success punch and embossed the HB wish with a Cuttlebug folder.

Stamping smiles, Karen

7 comments:

Linda said...

Very pretty Karen. I love the technique.

cotnob said...

This is such a pretty card Karen, fab technique.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x

Sheila H said...

Very striking technique. Thanks for sharing with Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Moments by Marla said...

Stunning!!!! I will have to check out this technique as it just creates an amazing look. Beautiful card!

Diane Ronge said...

I will be trying this tech. very soon, as soon as I can get in to my scrap room that is. Love this look.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous card you have made. It fits our challenge well and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Member) xxx

Jess's Crafty Things said...

love the techniques with the flower part of your card - stunning. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges Blog hugs Jess xx