Sunday, June 9, 2013

Silhouette Sunday


The challenge this week at the Silhouette Blog is to feature fonts. There are thousands of free fonts available on the Internet to download onto your computer, and once they are there, when you open your Silhouette software. all your fonts automatically come in for you to use in your cards and scrap booking! I used two different fonts in this birthday card for my daughter-in-law who lives in Chicago. First I cut the Chicago Skyline out of the front of a two sided cardstock. I applied acetate behind the opening. The Happy is "floating" on the top of the acetate and the Birthday! is on the inside. I added a "Happy Day" balloon (also a Silhouette cutting file.) Here is another view of the card so you can see the inside and front:
I had so much fun designing my second card I am sharing today, and am entering that one in the "One For the Girls" challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies Challenge.  Here is my flip flop card:
Wish summer would come to Wisconsin and we could wear our flip flops! But enough "Beaching":) The fun digital sentiment is from TLC Creations. I started with a kraft card that I embossed (Tim Holtz embossing folder) and sponged. I cut out the flip flops with my Silhouette and added the flowers and gems. So easy but so fun!

Stamping smiles, Karen

4 comments:

Ina G said...

Karen what a super simple and fabulous girly card you made for us over at Crafting with Dragonflies. Thanks for entering in our one for the girls challenge Ina.

Susan Hogan said...

How super. Love the flowers and the sentiment! Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Susan (DT)

~ Barb said...

I love my Silhouette too. What a bright, fun summer card. Love the flower embellies. Thank-you for sharing with us at Crafting With Dragonflies!
{Hugs} Barb, DT

Tlc Creations said...

What a fabulously fun card! Love the colors.
Paulette