Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sketch Challenge Card with Faux Chalk Fall Leaves


My favorite new technique is Faux Chalk using stencils and copics as invented by Sandy Allnock and explained here in this video. I found this fun sketch and challenged my club to use it for the sketch challenge this month. I created stencils with acetate and Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves dies, and pulled in fall colors of Copics to color the leaves. I masked off  the center, then used my Scor-buddy to score some lines and dots. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Loves Rubberstamps and Fan-tastic Tuesday.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Love, love this fall card Karen! Hugs, Brenda

Crafty Judith said...

Hi hun fabulous make great design love it and thanks so much for sharing with us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday this week hugs Judith DT x

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card and I love, love your leaves...so sweet and one of the reason I love this time of year. Just so sweet.

Verna Angerhofer said...

A gorgeous Fall masterpiece and I love the sentiment you chose.

Dangina Martinez said...

Such an awesome creation! Love your style! We are so happy to have you joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps!
Good Luck & Tons of Hugs, DT Dangina