Saturday, August 1, 2015

Bister Sailboat Scene Card


I have been neglecting my Bister powders, so I decided to make a card featuring their unique wood tones of color and a beautiful sailboat at sunset scene from Creative Vision Stamps. I heat embossed the scene with black embossing powder on watercolor paper. Then I sprinkled on blue, red and yellow Bister crystals and spritzed with water. After the piece was dry, I colored the boat to make it a black silhouette and the moon with a yellow distress marker. I layered on black and then on a blue card base.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp and the "Create a Scene" challenge at DRS Designs.

10 comments:

Craftychris said...

Wow! This is beautiful! xxx

Robin said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I so love my Bister and Colorburst powders! Thanks so much for introducing me to them. Hugs, Robin

Becca Cruger said...

Wow! This is so inky and cool!!! Gorgeous scene.

Maxine D said...

Love the drama of this scene Karen - it was also nice to see some 'pigment colour spots' in your background - I thought I was the only one getting those, and thought I was doing something wrong. :-) looks as though they are just part of the process.
Blessings
Maxine

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! such an amazing scene, well done...luv the background! I am thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! such an amazing scene, well done...luv the background! I am thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great scene. Love it!

Glittered Paws said...

WOW - what an amazing scene you have crated. I enjoy seeing what you do with "new" stuff to play with,.

Janett Ray said...

Great card. Thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

nwilliams6 said...

I love your bg! I am going to have to get some Bisters! Love the images too. Well done card and so glad you shared it with us in the DRS Designs challenge!