Sunday, November 22, 2015

Shiny Beauty from Tonic Studios


I got home late last night from a stamp show trip to find a box of Tonic Studios goodies waiting for me! I got up early today just to play with some of the Tonic products before the Packer game.  If you follow me, you know I love dies and this gorgeous Winter Snowflake from Tonic Studio's Rococo line is definitely going to be a favorite! I cut it out of white cardstock and also cut the negative shape out of a red shiny cardstock. I embossed the red card front with an embossing folder from We R Memory Keepers. Then I attached a piece of shiny gold cardstock behind the snowflake opening and slipped the white snowflake back in.

I was most intrigued by a new Tonic Studios product in the box called Nuvo Crystal Drops. I checked on line here and could see there are many colors available for $2.99 for a large 1 fluid ounce jar. It appeared to be a similar product to pearl pens and liquid pearls which I have, but have always been disappointed in. So many times I wanted to add them to a card and the "pearl" created had a point to it which does not look nice. I have to say honestly, the Nuvo Crystal Drops form beautiful circular "pearls" without the pointy top. It was easy to add consistent circular gold drops to each of the intersections of the embossed card front. I also added a larger circular embellishment in two steps to the center of the snowflake. The hardest part is waiting for them to dry without touching. Drying time is about the same as with the other "pearl" products.

I love how this card turned out and am entering it into the Christmas challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  and the Create Your Own Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. I  chose square, Christmas and the colors red, gold and white. I will also be sharing it with the classes I teach in my home.

3 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous card. Marlene

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Karen, and that snowflake is a stunner. Love those 'pearls'. I too have problem of spikes with perfect pearls, si it was good to hear about this product.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, so very gorgeous! I can see why you liked the snowflake. And, your card is wonderful!