Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Take a Stamp Challenge at Craft Stamper Magazine


I am loving the serene "Snowy Grove" stamp from Penny Black and designed this snowy scene card featuring it recently. I started with spattering masking liquid frisket all over a piece of watercolor paper and letting that dry. Then I masked the moon and the snowbank and created the night sky with Indigo Color Burst powders spritzed with water. After that was dry, I removed the moon mask and stamped with Penny Black's Snowy Grove stamp several times using my MISTI. The MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented) allows me to stamp repeatedly when needed to get a good image keeping the stamp in the same place each time. I removed the snow bank mask and stamped the sentiment from CTMH, then rubbed off the snowflakes masking liquid frisket.

 I am entering this card in the Take a Stamp challenge at Craft Stamper Magazine and the Let it Snow challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies.

8 comments:

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Gorgeous snowy grove scene. It almost looks like a real photograph.

Susan Hogan said...

I keep on forgetting my masking fluid! That is one beautiful snowy scene. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

happyglitzygirl said...

A beautiful snow scene Karen, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this scene. I think it is one of your very best ones ever!

Ellie Knol said...

beautiful snowy scene !
Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge !

xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Gio said...

A gorgeous scenery card! Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous snowy scene - love that stamp! Thanks so much for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It!

Linda said...

I love your snowy scene. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx