Saturday, November 28, 2015

Three Cards - Same Stamp and Medium with Different Die-Versions Dies


I admit I am an addict. When I see great dies or stamps I cannot resist- this is a well known fact. And there are many many great Black Friday sales out there right now with 10, or 20 or 30% off. But at the Die-Versions website, all the dies are on sale and you can save 50% on almost all of them! I admit- I did go shopping there during this sale- but for 50% off, how could I resist? All the cards in this blogpost feature sentiment dies from Die-Versions.

I did resist buying Tim Holtz's Distress Stains for quite a while, until I made some cards in a class at Let's Create in Wisconsin Rapids recently with this gorgeous stamp called Hidden Lane by Penny Black and distress stains. I had to come home with the stamp and a bunch of the stains because it was so easy to apply the stains to the stamp, spritz with water and end up gorgeous watercolor looking cards. My first card above is all in blues with the sentiment die cut from Die-Versions and the card base cut in from navy blue cardstock. I am entering that card in the Monochromatic challenge at Scrapy Land. 



Here are two more cards I made with the same beautiful stamp and distress stains in greens and grey applied directly to the stamp, then spritzed with water. I attached sentiments cut with Die-Version dies and two of the cards also feature lovely ribbon found at Let's Create.

I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

6 comments:

ike said...

Oh WoW !!! They are all amazing - what a fabulous effect and I LUV that stamp :-D

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Craftychris said...

These are all gorgeous! The watercolour look is fabulous and I love that stamp! xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cards Karen - and a great way to make quick cards and multiples.
Blessings
Maxine

Patricia St Martin said...

Hi Karen, It has been a long time since I have been to your blog and sorry about that. I do have to say that is one beautiful stamp and the sentiment dies work really great with it. Love the monochromatic theme and what you did. Thank you for joining us at Scrapy Land.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
Scrapy Land Store
rubber stamping is my game blog


Verna Angerhofer said...

Nice way of getting great mileage from one stamp!

jenn shurkus said...

pretty!!!! :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!