Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hearts and Dies Love Card


It is the time of year when we see hearts all over and "Have a Heart" is the theme this week at one of my favorite challenges at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I used a hearts embossing folder from Darice and the Faux Textured Metal technique I learned about here to make this Love card. I masked off the sides of the front piece with temporary tape, then applied Pickled Raspberry and Fired Brick Distress Ink in the center. I brushed the colored rectangle with Iridescent Gold Pearlex Powder. Then I removed the mask and embossed the whole piece with the hearts embossing folder. I die cut Love from a die by Cherry Lynn. The Penny Black rose was die cut from two sided sticky paper and I colored it with ultra fine red and green glitter.

I am also entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land (I used Penny Black and Cherry Lynn dies.)

7 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

very nice
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Lori Kobular said...

That Penny Black Rose die is gorgeous and so is your Valentine's Day card! The heart embossed background is a great touch! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Maxine D said...

Love the sparkle on the die cuts Karen, and the embossing on the background is lovely
Blessings
Maxine

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful card and I love that embossing folder you used. Glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge too.

Pirjo said...

Thank you for joining follow my blog.
What I saw: many fabulous ideas on here!
Especially Love your embossing backgrounds!

Verna Angerhofer said...

A gorgeous card Karen.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! It's so pretty and I love the embossed hearts.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx