Sunday, February 14, 2016

My First Magenta Nuance Card


If you follow me, you know I own and play with my BB/CB (Brushos, Bisters and Color Burst) powders frequently and really don't need any more watercolor powders. But I was seeing some beautiful projects made with Nuance by Magenta, so I decided I did need them:) This is my first try at a card with them and I used Mauve Purple, Violet and Turquoise Nuance powders spritzed with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels. I like them- they are more subtle colors than Color Burst and more true to the specific colors than Color Burst. But I like all the options I now own. I made this card for a friend whose birthday is today. After the Nuance colors dried, I layered the piece on a white A2 cardbase. I die cut Poppystamp's Floral Frame in white and added some Tonic Nuvo Blue Lagoon Glitter Drops to the flowers. I punched a small butterfly out of a scrap of the Nuance colored paper with a Martha Stewart punch and added some Nuvo white Crystal Drops to the butterfly and to dot the i.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes with Sentiments at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge and the Birthday challenge at Digi Designs.

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Very pretty colors. And I love that die.

grandmad1ana said...

Love what you did with the Nuance. I have the CB's and the Brushos, and absolutely love them. I recently bought quite a lot of the Nuvo, and it is nice to see someone else using them so effectively.
Congratulations on a job well done!

Denise Goeldner said...

Fantastic colours, love the technique. Thanks for being my new follower and now I'm one of yours too. Have a great day

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous colors and I love that die frame you used.

kiwimeskreations said...

This is gorgeous Karen - love the background, and the white die cut against it is stunning.
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card....Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge.
Wendy xx

cotnob said...

This is beautiful, such a gorgeous background.
Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Designs.
Pauline
x