Thursday, April 21, 2016

Be-You-tiful Lacy Butterfly Card


I am back from my awesome vacation and almost ready to get back into a routine of blogging everyday and cutting for classes and designing. I designed this feminine card for last month's in home class. It features an old technique updated with better supplies. Years ago I learned how to attach lace to a piece of cardstock covered in carpet tape, then cover with colored glitter. Now we have two sided tape paper and much finer glitter, so it is even prettier. After dumping on and burnishing in the rose colored glitter, I removed the lace and added white glitter to where the lace had been. I made an extra piece and punched out a butterfly and added a lovely sentiment cut with a new die from Essentials by Ellen.

Here is another look showing the lacey glitter close up:


I am entering this card in the Butterfly Beauty challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and the Make it Girlie challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. (I think lace and glitter is very girlie:)

7 comments:

Kath said...

A lovely card and a great technique too.
Kath x

Cara said...

Beautiful, brilliant technique. Cara x

Kara Lynne said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful technique! I love how your lacy rose and white glitter turned out, it's beautiful!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of the technique Karen and a wonderful card!
Blessings
Maxine

Fikreta said...

very nice card.
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftrooma

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and a technique I have not done for ages. Brings back memories of my designer days!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

You did a phenomenal job on this card! I am in love with your glittery lace and thought it was clever to put it on the side and on the butterfly. I also like how the black of the sentiment pairs with the black dots on your butterfly's body. The whole thing comes together perfectly and I really enjoyed seeing your project. Thank you so much for sharing it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!