Sunday, May 15, 2016

Spread Your Wings Brusho Card



I haven't posted a card with B/B/CB recently (Brushos/Bisters/ColorBurst) and I should really add MN to that acronym (for my recent favorite of the watercolor powders, Magenta Nuance.) They are all put away as I concentrate on creating cards with all my dies. But I do love a subtle background created by simply sprinkling my favorite crystals on watercolor paper and spritzing. In this case, I used Brusho Coloured Crystals lightly and spritzed with water. When dry, I simply stamped two lovely stamps from Dina Wakley with a black ink and added a punched bird. I layered the card front on black and then onto a yellow cardbase. CAS but very lovely and perfect for an encouragement card for a female friend.

I am entering this card in the "Use a Stamp" Anything Goes challenge at Craft Stamper Magazine and the Anything Goes challenge at Art By Miran.

5 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fab background and superb sentiment!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a striking and dramatic card Kaen - love the black against the wonderful background.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love that background and those images look fantastic with it. Awesome card.

Linda said...

Lovely card .... great background. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous background, Karen! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)