Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Beautiful Fall Day Card with New Dies and Nuvo Glimmer Pastes


I love making fall cards and when I saw the new Poppy Stamps Carved Diamond Pumpkin and Leafy Breeze border dies recently released, there was no resisting them! I die cut them both out of a square orange card front and created a shaker of punched leaves and fall colored sequins behind the pumpkin. I colored under the Leafy Breeze border die with red and gold Glimmer Paste from Nuvo (available soon from Tonic Studios). I also colored the Darice Maple Leaf with the sparkly red Glimmer Paste. It is just gorgeous IRL! Here is a close up of the sparkle and one of the shaker elements all shook up:




The "Have a Beautiful Day" sentiment is a Tonic Studios die from the Sew Pretty Frame Set of the same name. 

I am entering this card in the Make for the Border challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

**Also wanted to share some fun news. I have been given the honor of being chosen as this week's Crafter of the Week at Create and Craft. Here is a link to the blog post. I have never seen such a big picture of me and wish it was smaller... but I am thrilled nonetheless.**

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a striking card - love the colours you have used and the die cuts are wonderful
Blessings
Maxine

Celeste Goff said...

Oh Karen, what a gorgeous shaker card!!! I love that pumpkin!

Gayatri said...

WOW! A bright and beautiful shaker card! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp challenge. Gayatri xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful Autumn shaker card.