Thursday, August 4, 2016

Masculine Congrats Card with Tonic Dies


I decided to make a wedding card for two men and cut the "s" off Tonic Studios Mr. and Mrs. heart die. One of the reasons I love Tonic Studios dies so much is that they are so very versatile. With this die, you can chose to cut the heart alone, or the Mr. and Mrs. without the heart edge (as I did here), or you can cut them together as on the heart on the right. I tried a technique I learned about in a class on line to make a tarnished silver look with embossing powders. I did not achieve the look like the instructor did, but I still like the result. I applied Versamark ink all over the heart that I die cut out of chipboard. I applied Nuvo silver embossing powder and heat set it. Then I added some thick clear embossing powder (from Ranger) and some black Nuvo embossing powder in spots (after applying another layer of Versamark in random areas) and melted the black and thick embossing powder to achieve the look you see. I also tried the embossing technique on the Mr. and Mrs. heart but on that one I did not use any black. I created a square top folding white cardstock card base and used a straight edge mask, my Clarity stencil brush and Weathered Wood Distress Ink to achieve the soft grey lined background. I die cut and attached Tonic's Congrats from the Miniature Moments sentiments line to complete the card.

I am entering this in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land.

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a striking card - love how versatile the die is, and that fabulous tarnished silver look
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card!

Nancy Hill said...

Just beautiful wedding card and love your tutorial about the Nuvo and Tonic Studio dies. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Scrapy Land and look forward seeing your next beautiful card with us soon. Hugs, Nancy Hill, Design Team for Scrapy Land