Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Watercolor Powder Comparison- Bister and Magenta Nuance Fall Cards


I posted a new YouTube video yesterday showing the differences between all the watercolor powders I owned with a bunch of card samples. Here is a link to that video:

Today I am sharing two of my favorites of the sample cards. The first watercolor powder I purchased back in 2014 was Bister powders which have a wood grain feel to them and are from the Netherlands. They are available for purchase in the USA here.  One of my favorite ways to use Bisters is to create a stormy sky background with the Black Bister powders only as I did above. When dry, I created a circle mask and used bleach on an on old waterbrush to pull some of the color out of the moon. I added a spooky tree, some bats and a ghost from Karen Burniston's Halloween dies, and "Spooky" from Tonic Studios.

I used Magenta Nuance powders and silver embossing powder to create the leaves on this card. For details on the technique, check out the YouTube video here. I die cut a leaf opening with a Fun Stampers Journey leaf die, and placed a gorgeous autumn scene Clear Views Transparency behind the opening. For details on how to order Clear Views, check out the description box on the YouTube video, or scroll down to yesterday's blogpost. The larger Magenta Nuance leaves were cut with Tim Holtz's Tattered Leaves die and the leaf punch is from The Paper Studio. The "blessed" was cut with a die from Simon Says Stamp. Here are a couple more photos of this card: 


Thanks for stopping by my blog today and also from clicking on over to check out the new video, leave a comment, give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel if you have not already done so. And thanks for helping me #share the joy of creativity!

6 comments:

Fikreta said...

those are gorgeous cards!
hugs

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Karen!

Brenda in IN said...

I love your spooky card and the sky is great. The cards using the Clearview Transparencies are beautiful. Great use of the different powders. They make gorgeous backgrounds.

Celeste Goff said...

Two fabulous cards Karen!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are fabulous designs.

Daria said...

Wonderful cards! I especially love the Halloween card. Thank you for the video.