Monday, May 30, 2011

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week


The Stamp of the Week this week at Repeat Impressions is this cute Birdhouse. You can get this stamp for 50% off all week - all the details are at our challenge blog, The House that Stamps Built.

I had so much fun making this card using a sketch I have seen recently out there in blog land. I found some dps that looked good together and taped them down on a rust card. The birds were punched (Fiskars punch) out of the dp with the sparkly spot in the dp used as the eyes. I cut out the birdhouse, paper pieced the bird holes, and raised it above a scalloped sponged nestie circle with mounting tape. The pearl flourish is the finishing touch. I really love how the card turned out.

I am entering this card in the "Anything Goes" challenge at Digi Doodles Shop's Best.
Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how it turned out too. Great colors and layout. Miriam

Unknown said...

Such an interesting design and I love the pretty color combo! I love it Karen!

dj1952 said...

Awesome card, and the finishing touches you've added to the home. Everything is great.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Hugs, dj

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow Karen I really like the design on your card!!

Anonymous said...

Such a great layout and so perfectly colour coordinated.Fab card.Thanks for joining us at DDSB :D
Lisa x

Lynette said...

Very cool, Karen!

Karen said...

Great card Karen, thanks fof joining us at DDSB.
xx