Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What If? Wed. Harriet's DCC

It's Designer Choice Challenge at The House that Stamps Built and Harriet has challenged us to use paper piecing in our cards. If you know me or my cards, you know paper piecing is my favorite way to "color" and I do it all the time. So believe it or not, I had a little bit of a hard time coming up with an idea for this card because I have paper pieced all my favorite Repeat Impressions stamps so many times already:) But I hadn't done this one, so I chose 4 different small pieces of pink and blue dp and paper pieced the baby blocks in this cute Welcome Baby stamp from RI. The card is a gate fold card with more baby dp and buttons on the front.

I used my scallop circles nestie to cut out the focal piece and also the holes in the front that you see it through. So come join us for this fun challenge to paper piece in your card and maybe you will be the winner of some great RI rubber! You have until Tuesday the 24th to enter. Please visit our blog for all the details and to see the other cards by our Rock Stars design team (or click on the links on the side of my blog.)

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Catch the Bug.
Stamping smiles, Karen

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

SOOOOO CUTE! Love how you pieced the little blocks and the whole design is just great.
Lynn

Lynette said...

Darling card, Karen! Pretty papers for piecing, too.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Really a cute card! The dp you used is so delicate. Great paper piecing!

Newbie said...

SWEET card, Karen! Great technique. Never saw that done before, but its great! Love the colors and the image!!

Harriet Skelly said...

Karen I love your paper piecing - great paper for the images! I also have paper pieced just about every RI image I have that can be paper pieced!! So I had to pick one that had a lot of small pieces to cut - but I had fun!!

Min said...

What an adorable card Karen! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for The Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min