Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What if? Wed Designers Choice Challenge

The Designers Choice Challenge this week at RI's blog, The House that Stamps Built, is hosted by Darsie and she is challenging us to make a scenic card using black and white and just one more color. Since green is my favorite color, I chose Green. I had fun with this challenge- I had seen a card on line a while back that used this masking idea and had been wanting to try it. I masked both sides of the card leaving just the strip stamped unmasked. I stamped the larger pine tree several times without reinking in between and repeated that one more time. After removing the masking, I stamped the small pine tree and the sentiment and layered on black and then on a white card. The three black pearls in the corner complete this CAS card. Of course all the great stamps are from Repeat Impressions.

I am entering this card in the challenge at Southern Girls for Black and White and a Pop of one Color.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous!
Lynn

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful Karen!! Love it so stunning. I resent you my card for Saturday to your second email - please let me know if you received - Hugs

joy said...

Gorgeous card. Love the beautiful pine tree panel and how you have stamped the sentiment over the small pine.

Harriet Skelly said...

This is so creative - I think I need to case this! Beautifully done - and I love that sentiment with the small tree overstamped!

Lynette said...

So pretty, Karen! I love that idea. Green is my favorite color, too:)

karenw said...

Beautifully layering of the stamps. Such a classy card.

thanks for playing with us at southern girls challenge this week. x

Niknak said...

Fantastic use of your stamp! Thanks for joining us at southern girls.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Nicely done, Karen - very clever way to create a scene!

Unknown said...

This is such a fantastic CAS card using the scene stamp Karen! I love the little tree behind the sentiment!