Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What if? Wed.- My Designer's Choice Challenge

I am hosting the Designer's Choice Challenge at Repeat Impression's blog this week and I am challenging you and the Rock Stars to make a card For the Guys! I love the Legacy series at Repeat Impressions and I chose the Pocket Watch and Geneology background stamp to make this card perfect for a man. Doesn't the watch look so authentic and like an antique? Of course, you have to tease them a bit too, and RI has many funny sarcastic sentiments to make you laugh. I stared with a card and blue layer already cut for me by a paper company that I bought at a stamp show. I stamped the Geneology word background stamp all over the blue layer, removing some of the ink with a baby wipe before stamping to give it a worn look. I stamped the watch and sentiment on the inside and added the Bakers twine for the finishing touch.

You have almost two weeks to make and post a mens or boys card and enter it for a chance at a great prize. Please visit RI's blog for all the details and to see the other great cards by the Rock Stars.

I am entering this card in the challenge at C4C for Male Themed Cards.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

joy said...

This is a great masculine card. Love that watch and how you have made it peeked thru the window.

Lynette said...

I love the image on the inside of the card, and it's a great image, too! Wonderful card, Karen! And thanks for a fun challenge.

Danni said...

What a great card!!Masculine cards are so hard for me but this is just fantastic!

Lynn said...

Hi Karen,
I have just joined the Paper Creations and thought I would call in and say hello! I just love your cards and blog:)
Huggs
Lynn xx

Miriam said...

Your great use of the stamps makes me want them! Love the window too.

Pam said...

Karen, your cards are wonderful. Just found you, but I got so stuck on this one. It speaks to me ;)

dmbennett said...

Wonderful Masculine Card Karen!! I had a hard time with this challenge as I usually like to add sparkle and bows.....

Dawn - Rock Star