Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What If? Wed. Sketch Challenge

It's time for a sketch challenge at The House that Stamps Built and I flipped the sketch below and came up with the card above. One thing I really like about Repeat Impressions What If? Wednesday Challenges is, even though we come up with a fun new challenge every Wednesday, you always have almost two weeks to enter each one. One week is never enough it seems to design a card, take a picture and blog about it, but two weeks is plenty of time. That was one of the reasons why I started entering their challenges and won twice before I was picked to be a part of the team! You can win too! Check out all the details on the blog and also check out the other Rock Star's cards using this CAS sketch as a starting point.

For my card I started with some thicker striped green dp for the card. The fun scene is "Christmouse Decorations" and I paper pieced and colored that. Of course, the sentiment is from Repeat Impressions too and is perfect for this card. I rounded some corners and added some gems to complete the card.

I am entering this card in the Christmas Traditions challenge at Totally Gorjus and the Red, White and Green challenge at Here Come the Boys.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lynette said...

So cute, Karen! Love the sentiment and your coloring.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Karen! This one made me smile! Love the Sentiment so much! Thank you for joining in at Here Come The Boys Woo x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute!

joy said...

Cute card, great coloring and I like the little bling on each side of your sentiment.

Craftdee said...

Thanks for joining us at Here Comes The Boys Red White and Green Challenge with your cute card, Donna