Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DCC at Repeat Impressions- Use Scoring on Your Card



It’s another Designer’s Choice Challenge at The House that Stamps Built, Repeat Impression’s blog. It’s my turn this time! I am challenging my team and you to create a card using scoring of some kind anywhere on your card. Did you know Repeat Impressions sells the Scor-Pal and Scor-Buddy and all the other tools you need to easily score on your cards? I have both and keep the Scor-Buddy right on my desk (it’s the perfect size to have right where you need it) and the Scor-Pal is large enough for any scoring project. Click on this link to see these great products at Repeat Impressions. And please visit the blog for all the details on this challenge and to see the other Rock Star's cards for this DCC challenge. 

For my card, I started with a white piece of cardstock that I scored diagonally every ½ inch with my Scor-Pal. I used my white pearl pen to add pearls at each intersection for an elegant look. You have to be real patient waiting for them to dry, but I love the look and am not going to put that many real pearls on a card. I stamped the beautiful sentiment from our summer release, then cut and embossed with a nesties die. The lovely butterfly was embossed with sparkly black embossing powder, then cut out and attached.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes Challenge at Paper Pretties.

Stamping smiles, Karen


10 comments:

Lynette said...

Great challenge, Karen! Love your scoring and pretty butterfly.

Vicky Briggs said...

Very elegant! Great card!But you always make nice cards.

joy said...

So very sophisticated and pretty! Great job.

Kecia said...

What a great challenge, Karen! Your scoring is wonderful, and those pearls make this such a beautiful card.

Moments by Marla said...

Beautiful!!!! Such wonderful inspiration.

Unknown said...

Hi Karen this is so pretty I love white on white and the embossing is fab too love the addition of the pearls and that lovely stamped sentiment Hugs Elaine

Christy Beans said...

Hey, Karen! Catching up on some blog visits while waiting for my card to dry and this caught my eye. Gorgeous WOW and I love the pearly dots and that butterfly! =) ~Christy

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful Karen! Love the pearls you added and the pretty butterfly.

Cheri said...

From end to end this is a stunning card, Karen. So elegant and well designed. Great challenge too, BTW.

Patti J said...

Karen, this is beautiful! Thanks for sharing, and for a wonderful challenge theme!