Saturday, December 12, 2015

Snowflake Flurries Christmas Card


Did I mention I absolutely love dies? Even more than my stamps lately! No stamping on this card at all, but I love how it turned out. A friend called me one afternoon and told me to check out HSN to see all the awesome dies from Die'sire and Crafter's Companion being sold at special prices. I watched for an hour or so, then my husband came home- which was a good thing because I would have bought even more if I watched the next show! I did buy a set of three gorgeous border dies from Die'sire and a great scoring board to make boxes with. The dies cut, emboss and act as a stencil if you want to add ink before removing the die from the paper. I cut and sponged the snowflake Edge'able die twice on the scored sides of a white A2 card. Then I simply added a navy blue layer to the inside and die cut "Merry Christmas Present" from Die-Versions in silver for the sentiment. Here are a couple more pictures showing the inside and the detail on the snowflake border die:


I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land and the Winter challenge at Cut It Up.

6 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous card, Karen!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

It's beautiful! Your purchases were totally worth it! :)

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our BRRRR! Winter! challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card Karen! Love the border die! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #31!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and great color to show off that amazing snowflake design.

Samra said...

Very pretty!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Scrapy Land!
Samra GDT
Paper Talk with Samra

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunner Karen - how tempting to watch a show like that!!
Blessings
Maxine