Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Last of My Christmas Cards


I did it- each of  my new Christmas dies has all been played with at least once. I cheated a bit and moved those that could be considered Winter and still used in the winter months of the new year into a different pile:) My bed is still a huge mess, but little by little I will tackle each pile and then put away. I used sparkly glitter and gilding flakes on this card. The tree on the left is a new die from Penny Black and under the holes in the die is gilding flakes. I stamped Tim Holtz's "Joy to the World" on the top of the green panel. I die cut Dee's Distinctively swirly tree and a star punch from two sided Sookang paper and applied red and gold fine glitter. Here is a close up of the two kinds of sparkle:


And here is one last card I have not blogged yet. I used Penny Black's background stamp over a Brusho background and messed it up a bit. Mostly because I used the wrong kind of watercolor paper- it was too textured, so the trees would not stamp well even with the MISTI. So I filled in the trees with a black marker, and added a dove (Die-Versions) and my wish for this holiday season and next year- Peace on Earth- from Tim Holtz for Sizzix.

I am entering the first card in the "Make it Sparkle" challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and the second card in the Winter Wonderland challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Happy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and New Year to all!

6 comments:

Fikreta said...

its very nice!
Merry Christmas!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your sparkly card Karen, and the trees silhouetted against the blue are stunning.
Christmas blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are gorgeous.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Karen :-) both of them are fabulous, I love the tree designs on your first one and the background on the 2nd is beautiful!

Wishing you a Vey Merrry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year :-)
thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Michelle said...

Karen, both of these cards are lovely. Each one is uniquely beautiful. I really like how you incorporated dies with the cards. Thank you for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I hope you have a wonderfully creative upcoming new year. Thanks again! ~Michelle

Caryn said...

This is fabulous - the glittery effect is gorgeous.Happy New Year and thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp this week.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx