Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Anything Goes in my last Repeat Impressions Challenge Blogpost



Happy Wednesday everyone! It's time for another fun challenge at Repeat Impressions. If there is a 5th Wednesday in the month, the challenge is my favorite: Anything Goes! Make any card and link it up for a chance at some great Repeat Impressions rubber! For all the details on what you can win and to see the other Rock Stars cards, please visit our blog.

I am fascinated with shaker cards especially when there are more than one shaker. I used the smallest square die in Repeat Impression’s Flip Die Set to cut the three diagonal openings in the card front. Then I laid the card front on a craft sheet on an electric griddle and melted some embossing powders around the edge for a fun look. I stamped “Dream Big” and then flipped the piece over on my Scor-buddy. I applied some acetate over the square holes and created individual shakers with two layers of mounting tape around each square.  I added some colored sequins and beads to each window. Here is a picture of how that looked, and also one with the shaker elements all shook up:



I find that attaching the front to a shaker card is easiest if it is the same size as the shaker layer and I push both layers into the left upper corner of the Scor-buddy (or any scoring tool) and attach them lining it up that way.

Today is my last day on the Repeat Impression’s design team. I have been a member of the Rock Stars for over five years now. Wendy gave me my first chance to be on a design team and I have enjoyed every minute of designing with her wonderful stamps. But it is time for a change and I decided I needed to free up some time to pursue some other adventures. I thank Wendy and Bill and Repeat Impressions for everything and hope to be a part of some blog hops occasionally with my friends on this wonderful team.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create and Craft Your Passion.

**Don’t Forget: for a 10% discount on any size order at Repeat Impressions, make a note of my discount code (rr10kh), click on the blog badge on the side of my blog and go to the website here to shop and save!**

13 comments:

Cara said...

Lovely card, you've definitely inspired me to make some multiple shaker cards. Cara x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Just fabulous shaker, love your design and thanks for the trick to lining the card front with the back! :)

Sandy said...

Love the idea of multiple shakers, and your card is fabulous.

Cheri said...

Fantastic card, Karen. I've never done a multiple shaker before, so I am going to give it a try. We will miss you at The House but look forward to you stopping by when you can. Have fun on your next creative adventure!

Deonna B said...

Hi Karen, This is a awesome shaker card. You will be missed greatly on the team. Good luck! I'll still see you at SAS4 Kids though!

Heather said...

Karen, so sad. : ( We are definitely going to miss you. This card is so fun; I just love shaker cards. Thanks for the tip on how to line up the edges; genius!!

joy said...

This is a wonderful shaker card. Your creative nature and inspiration will be missed by the DT. Best of luck to you and will be looking forward to seeing what you do in your new adventures.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful shaker card Karen - the colours in the shakers are beautiful
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great shaker card and so nice you showed how you did it too. Also congratulations on a great five year run at RI and I wish you the best in your future endeavors as well.

Glittered Paws said...

Great shaker card - love the 3 multiple little windows. Good luck and we will miss you but I know you will still "be around"!!!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Loving your shakers :) Good luck to you in your upcoming exciting endeavors - we will miss you, and will be watching to see more of your wonderful creations! Take care, my friend!

Catie Cuddles said...

Shaker cards are always fun to receive. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
Happy crafting!
Catherine ( DT ) x
.

Catie Cuddles said...

Shaker cards are always fun to receive. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
Happy crafting!
Catherine ( DT ) x
.