Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Playing with the Double Embossed Technique


I am revisiting a technique I was fascinated with over a year ago after I first saw a card on Melissa Kerman's blog using the technique. She now calls her technique "Impressions of Tarnished Foil" and we are going to collaborate on some YouTube videos using the technique in different ways for holiday cards. I pulled out some newer embossing folders, StazOn inks and embossing powders to play with and this is one of the cards I made. I used an embossing folder from WeR Memory Keepers and embossing powders from Ranger, Nuvo and Stampendous. The Stampendous embossing powders were the Aged Hunter and Aged Gold and have chunks in them resulting in the black dots on the background. I am not sure I like them? Not snow or stars, but maybe we can just say it is a mixed media look? I started with green, orange and brown StazOn inks on the aluminum foil. The "thinking of you" die is from Tonic Studios and the deer are from a new set called Winter Wonderland by Tim Holtz for Sizzix.

Stay tuned for a complete YouTube video tutorial on this awesome background technique.

I am entering this card in the Thinking of You challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. Thanks for helping me #share the joy of creativity!

6 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

This is just awesome and I plan to try this technique. It made such a beautiful, unique card.

Crafting with Darcy said...

This is so gorgeous, Karen! I think I may have to CASE this one!! Wow!!
Hugs!
Darcy

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Karen xoxo

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a very interesting look. Neat technique!

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning card Karen
Blessings
Maxine