Sunday, July 15, 2012

Card Makin' Mamas and Frosted Designs Challenges


Rubber stamping is the challenge at Card Makin' Mamas and Frosted Designs Fabulous Fridays challenges this week. Well, that is no challenge for me...my first love is stamping with rubber stamps! I am OK with digital but have to be honest in saying I love me my rubber stamps. And especially when I win them or earn them by being published with a special company's stamps like these stamps. I love Kitchen Sink Stamps because they are a series of layered stamps that result in the image looking like the card maker is a very talented artist. I am NOT and am the first to admit it. But I can make a card like this one with Kitchen Sink Stamps! The Texas bluebonnets and butterfly are part of a set I won from Kitchen Sink Stamps when I was published with their stamps. I used several shades of blue and some yellow on the flower; orange, yellow and black on the butterfly; and several shades of green on the leaves. I cut out the image with a new oval die from Quic Kutz and layered it on a pretty patterned paper card stock card. The sentiment is also from Kitchen Sink Stamps.

Stamping smiles, Karen

3 comments:

cheryl said...

oh Hun,this is gorgeous love that image and the papers and layout is just first class love it too bits,hugs Cherylxxxxx

jimlynn said...

Karen, this is sensational! LOVE that image (I also have it) and really like the way you framed it out! That's going to be a "must have" die I think! Lovely card!
Lynn

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!! Love how you colored the flowers and butterfly!! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!