Saturday, January 5, 2013

Valentines 4 Kids at SAS4Kids



Happy New Year! It’s time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids and this time our theme is Valentines 4 Kids.  It may be early for you to think about Valentines, but not if you want to consider sending in your Valentine for one of our kids in a children’s hospital on that day. You don’t have to send in your card to participate in our challenge, but our kids would sure love it if you did!

We have three very generous sponsors this week: Scrapping Memories is giving their winner 10 digis or cutting files of their choice! And Joan’s Gardens is giving their randomly picked winner a $25 Gift Certificate! Saturated Canary’s winner will receive two beautiful SC digis of their choice!  TEAM S.A.S will also be choosing their favorite cards for our top three and the winners will receive a blog badge and an opportunity to be a guest design team member on a future challenge.

My first card features sweet Valentine from Saturated Canary. I love the look of the girls from Saturated Canary! I printed her on white, did a little coloring and paper piecing and placed her on inside of a pink embossed card. The embossing folder is from Cuttlebug and I cut the oval with a Nestabilities die.



My second card features the "Love Ya" teddy from Scrapping Memories which I printed on pink paper and cut out. I (again:) colored and paper pieced and placed him in a circle cut out with a Nestabilities die. The balloon was printed on red paper and is mounted on a different layer with mounting tape. I layered some Valentine dp on white, then pink and then on a white card, adding the red baker's twine to complete the card.

I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenge at The Paper Shelter and "Something New" challenge at Simon Says Stamp. Both digital stamps were new to me as part of the design team for SAS4Kids.

Stamping smiles, Karen 

1 comment:

Melissa Bove said...

Both cards are just adorable!! Sweet images and colors!!

So adorable!! I love that sweet pup!! Such a cute card!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa