Thursday, July 25, 2013

TTCRD and Crafting with Dragonflies Challenges


Crafting with Dragonflies is having a fun week with a blog hop and lots of prizes and their challenge this week is to make and link a wedding card. Anything Goes at Through the Craftroom Door every week, so that has become one of my favorite challenges to participate in. This is a romantic card I created for my daughter and her fiance' whose initials are M and C. All of the elements on the front of this card were cut with my Silhouette Portrait electronic cutting machine.

 The Celtic Knot heart was created for us by Debbie of Paper Pulse Blog Spot.  My daughter wanted a specific Celtic Knot for her wedding invitations and Debbie does special requests for cutting files very reasonably and quickly. She is amazingly talented and has an awesome blog with many freebies shared.She did share recently that a family member is quite ill, so her blog may not be as active right now as it was. But do check it out and subscribe and/or follow.

The initials and Love heart are cutting files from Silhouette America. So this elegant card was so simple to make and I love how it turned out. I am working- or should I say playing:) with my daughter's wedding invitations and thank you notes- I just love the process of designing them just perfectly for someone special - what fun!

Stamping smiles, Karen

4 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

This looks pretty special to me. A very personal card for a very special occasion. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our current challenge and bloghop themed weddings.

happyglitzygirl said...

Great blog post Karen, and a beautiful card, thanks for taking part in our Wedding themed challenge, blessings Hilde from Crafting with Dragonflies.

doodlingdebbie said...

Hi Karen,I really love the way you combined all of the elements of the monograms, "Love Heart') and the Celtic symbol to create a beautiful and memorable card. Your love made card will be a cherished keepsake. Thank you for emailing me. I've not been checking my emails on a regular basis. I'm glad I did today. Your kind words gave me the little pick me up I needed on this day. Love and hugs, Debbie

Ina G said...

Lovely card and story and celtic symbol makes it special. Love it in black and white with the grey. Thanks for joining Crafting with Dragonflies challenges. Ina.