Sunday, August 24, 2014

CAS Faux Chalk Hello Card

I am having so much fun with the faux chalk technique that Sandy Allnock came up with using open stencils, Copics and Copic blender fluid. I created a background on this card with Weathered Wood Distress Ink on a Hero Arts background stamp. Then I colored the outside edges of a butterfly stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils with various Copic markers. I doused a corner of a paper towel with Copic Blender Fluid and pulled the color into the opening in the butterfly stencil. I just love the soft look that creates! I cut a "hello" from Paper Smooches out and cut it again in black and popped that one into the hello opening. I layered the whole piece on an aqua blue card.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Sister Act,  Addicted to Stamps and More, and 613 Avenue Create. 

8 comments:

sandie said...

gosh, this is so creative. I saw it on my dashboard and had to stop by to see how you did it. I must look up this technique as I love the look of this butterfly. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Karen,
First let me thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment! So nice!

Your card is just fabulous and I am going to feature it on my challenge team's Facebook Page tomorrow.
facebook.com/avenue613.

Finally, I would like to invite you to enter your card into our challenge. We are weekly Anything Goes with an Optional Twist (this week it is make a note pad). http://avenue613.blogspot.com
Hugz,
Chana Malkah Harris, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love how you did Sandy's technique. I have been meaning to give it a try too, but too many other irons in the fire of late. Your colors are gorgeous on the one you did.

Katie Melhus said...

Wow, that faux chalk butterfly is just lovely - great card! Thanks for joining us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Loll said...

Gorgeous faux chalk butterfly ... such a fabulous technique. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous technique, love the soft look you achieved for you butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. Monika

Brenda said...

This is beautiful Karen. Hugs, Brenda

Lisa (aka CropDropNRoll) said...

This card is lovely! I've never heard of the "faux chalk" technique - TFS! Thanks for playing with us at 613 Avenue Create.