Monday, November 24, 2014

Pinterest and Tim Holtz Inspired Christmas Card


There is a musical poinsettia card being pinned all over Pinterest land and I was inspired by that card- and by Tim Holtz- to make this card. The fun "Joy to the World" stamp is by Tim Holtz as well as the poinsettia dies used. I embossed the front piece with an embossing folder by Darice. I die cut the layers of poinsettia out of a kraft musical dp, then sponged on distress inks (also by Tim Holtz for Ranger.) I curled the pieces with a bone folder and attached with mounting tape to raise each layer. The white top piece was also attached with mounting tape for dimension.

I am entering this card in the We Do Doobadoo Christmas challenge and the Anything Goes challenge at Vandicrafts Artistry Challenge.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful Karen, just beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

Jacee said...

What a beauty! love it Karen.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Robin said...

This is so very beautiful! I love the flower....thanks so much for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. I've been following you for a while now and it's nice to see you like my stuff too. Hugs, Robin

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Karen thank you for follow my blog.
I have follow you back.
you make beautiful cards.

Gr Karin

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely stunning card and I love the musical theme and that pretty poinsettia too!

Dawn said...

Beautiful card x

Unknown said...

I am a fan of the Tim Holtz line and you did him justice! Very pretty card. :) Thank you for sharing on this weeks Artistry Challenge. Melissa - Vandicrafts