Monday, June 22, 2015

Brusho Bokeh Stars and Dreams Card


I saw this sentiment stamp from Rubbernecker recently and knew I had to get it. I loved the font and what it had to say. I heat embossed the sentiment onto watercolor paper with black embossing powder. Then I sprinkled on yellow and blue Brusho Crystal Colours, spritzed with water and let it dry. I punched a star in acetate and applied white pigment ink through the star opening for a starry bokeh background.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at 613 Avenue Create and the "use a stamp, not a digi" challenge at Allsorts. 

8 comments:

JJ said...

This is stunning Karen, love you background technique, absolutel gorgeous.

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Vicky Briggs said...

Love this! is this on the Yupo paper? The stars really make the card. Great job!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Karen - the background is so striking with the deep waves of colour
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda said...

What an amazing card Karen! I love the brusho background, the stars look amazing! But it is that sentiment that I think goes with this background perfectly. I love the font and the sentiment-would make a perfect grad card! Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and I love the nice bold sentiment on it too. Fits with the design so well.

susiestacey said...

Great card, lovely stamping.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Use a Stamp' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Stacey said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create xx Stacey S xx