Thursday, June 15, 2017

Karen Burniston New Pop up Dies Series - Day Seven


As I tend to do when creating a card with Karen Burniston's amazing new pop up dies, I kept the front of this birthday card clean and simple. I die cut the "wishing you a" sentiment out of a navy blue scrap using a die from Memory Box. I hung a little cupcake charm from Karen's 1004 Birthday Charms set with some baker's twine. The sprinkles on the frosting and the dots on the i's were created with Nuvo Caribbean Ocean and Midnight Blue Crystal Drops. 

Are you ready for the fun inside pop up surprise?


A big sweet cupcake pops up and stands up for a fun surprise. Here are some close ups to show you more: 




Karen Burniston's 1008 Cupcake Pop Up Die Set is another ingenious set of dies that includes the pop up mechanism and all the pieces to make large and medium sizes of cupcakes. If you watch the video on the page linked above, she shares all her tips that make it so easy to create a fun pop up card. I wished the birthday recipient a "Sweet & Happy Birthday" using dies from Tonic Studios and Memory Box. I created both cupcakes with green mirror card cupcake liners and the larger one was folded and attached per Karen's instructions for great dimension. I chose lemon frosting for these cupcakes and added more Nuvo crystal drop sprinkles. 

Everyone loves cupcakes, right? So I think anyone would love receiving a sweet cupcake birthday card like this one.

I am  entering this card in the Celebrations challenge at Dies R Us.

Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

5 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW What a 'Fun'tastic pop up birthday creation Karen! I'm not very good at putting those together for some reason but you've inspired me to give it another try! Looks so awesome! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Celebrations’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Karen Aicken said...

What a fun Birthday card - love the foil cupcake liner. That's been on my list to try too and now I can't wait.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card and a wonderful pop-up element
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fun and fabulous birthday card design. I love the pop up.

Barbara said...

Fantastic card, Karen! Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
Barbara
Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr