Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Designers Choice Challenge

The DCC at The House that Stamps Built is to make a Bookmark for a gift or for yourself. Rock Star Vicki is hosting this challenge and I made a combo bookmark and candy gift for a friend. I got this idea here and there is a link to a tutorial on Splitcoast. The front of the treat card is embossed (Tim Holtz) and cut with a border punch (Martha Stewart) and has flowers and a pretty stamp from Repeat Impressions on a nestie shape.


Then the friend pulls out the bookmark and cracks up. I love to use humor in my cards and Repeat Impressions has a great line of humorous stamps. I like the idea of a friend smiling everytime she uses this bookmark to mark a page in her book.

I am entering this card in the Friends challenge at Stampin' for the Weekend.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lynette said...

What a fabulous project, Karen! Yummy chocolate and a great bookmark, too:)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the dual gift card!! Choc and a book -- sounds like heaven to me! :)

joy said...

What a pretty bookmark -- and the special treat goes perfect with book reading!