Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Two Holiday Paper Smooches Cards to Share

I have two new Paper Smooches holiday cards to share today. I loved them both so am posting and linking both today. The first one uses a couple fun stamps from the Santa Paws set I just had to buy earlier this year. The sentiment with the cute dog just cracks me up. I started with a white card base and punched Martha Stewart's large snowflake border punch and layered a red piece below the border so it stands out real pretty. Then I rubbed green ink all over an oblong green acrylic block and stamped it on the card creating the frame to place my dog and sentiment in. The Santa hat was paper pieced and I added a white sticker brad to create the "ball".



My second Paper Smooches card uses the heart candy cane and love digital stamps which are available free on their blog! I saw this idea for a sliding window box here and just had to try it. The green dp forms a little box and the candy cane piece slides out to reveal the message below. I paper pieced the candy cane with sparkly red paper and added white stripes to the circle on top to resemble Christmas candy. You pull on that circle to reveal the message below:

Love, Love, Love- makes me want to sing:) I printed the Paper Smooches love digital stamp three times and attached the strips on the back on the window box card. Then I added a white ball to create the O in the center.

I love, love, love these cards and hope you do too. I am entering them in the challenges at Our Craft Lounge for CAS Christmas and the Christmas challenge at Stampin' for the Weekend.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Arts by Sara said...

Karen... These are awesome!!! I love them!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, both of these cards are just great! Totally love that giant punch. I've never seen that one - love it! We have a winner dog - that card just cracks me up! Just too funny! Greatjob!
Hugs, Sarah

jimlynn said...

Both are great. Very cute and pretty slider window box card. Those candy canes are just yummy looking too.
I'm in TOTAL LOVE with the first card. The image and sentiment are fabulous! I must go check that out and maybe add it to my "after Christmas" list. So cute.
Lynn