Wednesday, December 21, 2011

RI DCC Shaped Card Challenge

It's another Designer Choice Challenge at The House that Stamps Built, and Rock Star Maki is challenging us (and you!) to make a shaped card. Something other than a square or A2 size card- use your imagination and create a fun shaped card for a chance at some great Repeat Impressions rubber! Please visit the blog for all the details and to see the shaped cards designed by the other Rock Stars.

For my card, I started with this beautiful Rose Heart Wreath stamped on a white card. Then I cut it out with the largest scalloped heart nestie leaving a small part uncut for the fold of the card. I colored the roses and leaves with my copics and cut out the center of the heart with a smaller scalloped heart nestie. Then I embossed the front of the heart card with my favorite embossing (Cuttlebug) folder. I did a little sponging and stamped a Repeat Impressions sentiment on the inside of the card.

I am entering this card in the "Red, White and one other Color" challenge at Paper Pretties and the challenge at The Cutie Pie Challenge to use a sentiment.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh very pretty with the vine!!

jimlynn said...

This is gorgeous! LOVE that shape and image. So very pretty!
Lynn

lindyloo said...

Gorgeous work hun thank you for joining us at cutie pie hugs lindyloo x

Lynette said...

Fabulous, Karen! I love that it opens from the side. For some reason, I always want to open "shaped" cards from the top. Who would ever believe this is a one-layer card - awesome!

karen said...

Beautiful Karen, fab design, thanks so much for joining us at Cutie pie challenges, hope to see you again, karenx

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous! Thank you for playing at Cutie Pies Woo x