Monday, February 21, 2011

Repeat Impressions SOTW Twisted Easel Card

It's Monday again and so time to tell you about another great Stamp of the Week special at Repeat Impressions. This week's SOTW is this fun Raggedy Anne and Andy (902-I). This SOTW is available exclusively to our RI blog readers at 50% off with the special discount code from today through Sunday the 27th. To get the discount code and more info, please go to the RI blog, The House that Stamps Built.
I tried a new card style for my card today: a Twisted Easel card. The top section is a square scored at the diagonal. It then folds as shown to be held up by the inside sentiment piece. I brayered pastels klaidacolor on glossy paper and cut out with my lacey circles nestie. I then stamped the adorable pair in the middle and added some black marker dots on the lacey intersections. Patterned paper was used for the front triangle and for the scalloped edges of the inside of the card. The sentiment is also from Repeat Impressions and was raised with doubled mounting tape to hold up the front. The card folds down and fits into an A2 envelope for mailing.

I am entering this card in the challenge at Paper Crafting Journey "Anything Goes."

Stamping smiles, Karen

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Very unique fold and a wonderful card!
Lynn

joy said...

What a creative card! You've done a great job!

Whimsey said...

What a unique fold, you smart thing you! Love it!!

Dana Joy said...

WOW...super cool card Karen!!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful folding card Karen! I love you used the image with the different style!

Unknown said...

Love these twisted easel cards, they're so effective and yours is fab! thanks for joining us at PCJ for our anything goes challenge and hope you'll join us again!

Lisa x

Anonymous said...

How fabulous! Your card is so cool! I love it. Thanks for joinings us at Paper Crafting Journeys this week. hugs ~ Cindy

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

I have to say I've never seen a twisted easel card before - very interesting! I love the patterned papers and colors you used for it!