Thursday, February 3, 2011

Totally Gorjuss and Paper Players Challenges

The challenge at Totally Gorjuss this week was "As you like it" and at Paper Players it was "Anything Goes". I was playing with my new circle diecuts from Lifestyle Crafts that make the circles and the rings- so fun! I put three different sizes of rings together over a cuttlebug background and put gems in the intersections. For the focal point I used my new Tim Holtz die that does the cutting and folding for you to make a rosette flower. I wanted to use patterned paper but most tore but I was able to find this cardstock weight patterned paper that held together without tearing.


The inside of the card is fun too as I embossed the whole card and used the circles already cut out and a sticker to complete the card.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

What a beautiful folded flower and I love the big circles! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh, this is terrific (I have had my eye on that die- now I will have to get it:-)) Love the crisp cleaness of the overall card and the combination of elements. Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! I love the rosette! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Arts by Sara said...

I love this card! You did an awesome job! How do you like that new Tim Holtz die? I am seriously thinking about getting one! Happy Creating! Sara

jimlynn said...

Sensational!!! So very different and just wonderful. Love it.
Lynn

LeAnne said...

Very cool concept---what a great card! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

LeroyLime said...

I love how you connected the circles with bling, lovely and fresh!