Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hambo Hoedown Gold

I decided to do an extra blogpost today because I won't be here next week to post on St Patrick's Day and I just had to make a card using the free digi I got from Hambo Stamps after I participated in last week's challenge at Hambo Hoedown. The challenge this week is to use Gold in our cards and if you have stamps from Hambo and participate, you can get a free digi for next week's challenge.

Isn't St. Pat Hamster so cute? I printed him on light brown paper and then again on green and gold paper and paper pieced the hat and coat and the bucket of gold. I colored the gold with my mica pen and also added gold gems to really make it look like a golden treasure. The sparkly gold paper on the sides was embossed with a CB folder and I added some more gems in the corners to complete this diamond shaped fold out card.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

What a great card! I love your St. Pat theme and all the gold!

Judy Rozema said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown!

Melissa said...

Wow! such a cute layout...I love that 3-D card design...The paper piecing is rockin' awesome. Thanks for playing along at the Hambo Hoedown!