Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sending Birthday Smiles to Wendy


Today is Wendy Wyman's birthday and I want to wish her a very happy birthday and to say Thank You publicly for all she does for me and my design team-mates at Repeat Impression's blog,  The House That Stamps Built. Wendy is the owner of Repeat Impressions and the person who gave me my first design team opportunity. Because she picked me, I get to blog with her great stamps and it also gave me the confidence necessary to pursue other blogging and design team challenges.

I made this card for her and mailed it earlier this week along with other cards featuring Repeat Impressions stamps that she could use in her booths at stamp shows for samples. I love these parachutes from the new set released last summer and have used them over and over. This time I stamped the larger parachute several times on purple dp and cut them out. The first layer was attached to the card, the others attached in the center and lifted to give the dimensional look. The smaller parachutes were paper pieced with green and blue dps. I added some clouds, a ribbon and a wavy sentiment message to complete the card.

Happy Birthday Wendy! Wishing you many more!

Stamping smiles, Karen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Karen... Thank you so much for the lovely post and warm birthday wishes. You started my day on a sweet note! :) So glad you are still enjoying being a Repeat Rock Star. Thank you for all you do. We love having you here!
Wendy

Jane Luxem said...

Love what you did with the hot air balloons!