Saturday, September 14, 2013

Embossed Sweater Card


Embossing is the theme of the challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp and it is not a challenge for me because I use my embossing folders all the time. I have been seeing cards that look like cardigan sweaters on Pinterest and decided to try one myself. The base of the card was embossed with the diamond pattern (file by Sizzix.) I used my favorite embossing folder- Swiss dots by Cuttlebug- to emboss the collar and pocket flap and punched the bottom of those pieces with a Martha Stewart lacey border. I used my Scor-buddy and Scor-bug to create the stitching look down the center piece and added a couple buttons. The "shirt" under the sweater was created with floral dp, some doodling and some sponging.

I am also entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Crafting by Designs.

Stamping smiles, Karen

4 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Fantastic creation! Love it!
Love n hugs
Marie

Laurel Beard said...

Aww, this is incredible!

Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

XO XO ~ Laurel

Jessie L. said...

This is awesome! I really does look like a lady's sweater! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafting By Designs. Hope to see you again next week. Good luck in the draw!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute! I have to make one!