Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Celebrate Red, White and Blue!


I am in the mood for red. white and blue this week and have made a few 4th of July cards to share on the blog and then save for my kids at SAS4Kids next summer. I recently got a really cool set of stamps from Avery Elle and there were several fun swooshes in the set. One was the longer stripe I used for the red stripes on this square card. The SU star was stamped blue ink on blue paper and cut out. I scored the lines and popped up the center with pop dots. The "Celebrate" stamp is from Raisin Boat.

I am entering this card in the Sentimental Sundays Summer challenge (with a sentiment) and the Celebrate challenge at Cupcakes Inspiration (celebrating the 4th of July and fireworks.)



8 comments:

Brenda said...

This is a fabulous patriotic card Karen! I love it!! Hugs, Brenda

Vicky Briggs said...

Great card Karen, love the stripes and good job on the star!
Vicky Briggs

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great star! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!
DoubleClick Skittles Design Team Call!

Indy's Designs said...

This is so bold and perfect for this week's Celebrate challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! I love that star!
Hugs,
Debbie
DT-CIC

Tina said...

simple and beautiful...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

~Tina~
sweetie dt

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog...I am now a follower!
Just love this card
Hugs Shell xx

Nance said...

Wonderful card. I was thinking your star was origami. Great idea scoring it and popping it up. Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations! Nance, DT

verybellemakes said...

The 3D effect of the star looks great! Thank you for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

Victoria DT