Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Anything Goes at Repeat Impressions



Happy Wednesday everyone! It's time for another fun challenge at Repeat Impressions. If there is a 5th Wednesday in the month, the challenge is my favorite: Anything Goes! Make any card and link it up for a chance at some great Repeat Impressions rubber! For all the details on what you can win and to see the other Rock Stars cards using this sketch, please visit our blog.

I belong to a local stamp club and we have a sketch/theme challenge each month. Last month the theme was Asian inspired cards and the sketch was the one I used to make this card. I started with my beloved Brusho Crystal Colors (now sold at Repeat Impressions) sprinkled on watercolor paper and spritzed with iridescent gold shimmer spray. I stamped RI’s Chinese Calligraphy Background and sponged the edges of the smaller Brusho background with black ink. I stamped RI’s fan twice on a diagonal piece and colored the flowers, then attached that piece to another Brusho piece. I stamped Dream Calligraphy on a orange square diagonally. Then I die cut it out with RI’s scalloped square die, layered it on a black scalloped square and attached with pop dots.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and Craft Your Passion.

**Don’t Forget: for a 10% discount on any size order at Repeat Impressions, make a note of my discount code (rr10kh), click on the blog badge on the side of my blog and go to the website here to shop and save!**

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely card Karen - love the use of the Brushos in the backgrounds, and the unusual layering.
Blessings
Maxine

Maria V said...

Thank you for being my follower! I had a look around your blog and now I'm a follower too. Hugs

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool Asian design. Love the colors too!

Cheri said...

Wow, Karen! Love how you spotlighted the fan.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I love your design and the way you played with different styleas and colours. Thank you very much for sharing this beauty with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Good luck and hope to see you again soon!
Sasha

Heather said...

Very cool! You do such a great job with those brushos; makes me think I should actually give them a try! Sorry it's taken me so long to comment; life has been crazy this week.