Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Grateful for Fall and Napkin Cards


I have been having so much fun since re-discovering how to attach napkins to cardstock to use for beautiful cards. We had a napkin exchange at our local stamp club and this was one of the gorgeous fall napkins I received. Here is a link to a video on how to attach the napkin with cling wrap and an iron.  I created a larger card with this napkin because it was just too pretty to cut too much of it off. I die cut "Grateful" from Penny Black out of another piece of the napkin on cardstock, layered it on another "grateful" cut out of white fun foam for great dimension and attached. I also die cut a pretty butterfly (Sizzix), added some sparkle to the tips with glitter paste from BoBunny and attached.

Today I am writing up an article on this technique as well as adding embossing and glitter to the napkin backgrounds. The article will be published next spring in Scrap and Stamp Arts.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and Amusing Challenge.

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning Karen - love your use of the napkin. I love that technique.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a beauty! Great napkin for making a card for Autumn.

Glittered Paws said...

How pretty - so far I think this is my favorite napkin card you have done

Anonymous said...

Lovely fall card. Thanks for joining us at LPCF.
Rose DT x

Chris said...

wow- this is so neat! Thanks for joining in on my Amusing Challenges this week!