Tuesday, March 28, 2017

A Z-Fold Spring Birthday Card


I was playing with z-fold cards recently and remembered an old Martha Stewart fence punch and thought it would be perfect for inserts in the z-fold card. The fence punch was designed for Halloween with bats on the fence but I cut them off and the card idea started to come to life. I was also playing with new stamps that had not been inked and created my card front with an Altenew layered flower stamp and three shades of Altenew ink.I created the z-fold banner across the bottom and attached a "happy birthday" greeting cut with a Memory Box die. Here is a look at the card when it is opened:



I die cut Cheery Lynn's leafy stem and Poppy Stamps Hampstead Butterfly Stem and attached them to acetate and then onto the layered fences. I die cut a flowery butterfly from Die-Namites and stamped a "beautiful day' sentiment. To finish the card I added a bunch of small punched butterflies with sticker gems. 

I am entering this card in Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge called Things with Wings and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use more than one die or punch. 

5 comments:

Lucy said...

I thought I recognized the Martha Stewart fence. It looks great as a springtime fence on your card. The Z-fold is a wonderful idea for the garden you created.

Virginia L. said...

This card is oh so fancy, Karen! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Use More Than One Die or Punch” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love how it opens up to a little garden. Wonderful card design.

Nora Noll said...

This is beautiful!! I LOVE the fun pop up garden inside!!

Barbara said...

Soooo beautiful! your garden is fantastic! Love the design of your work, so clever! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara